Interview With Commissioner and Vice-Chairman Charles W. Oddo
Video Produced by the Fayette County Republican Party
Let's Keep Working Together For Fayette County!
Greetings Fellow Fayette Countians!
My name is Charles W. Oddo.
I am running for re-election to the Fayette County Board of Commissioners, District 5 At-Large.
My word is who I am ...
… I promised to serve, not to be served.
… I promised to abide by the Golden Rule.
… I promised to listen and weigh the best solutions for the entire community.
Four years ago I asked for your vote and I was privileged and humbled to be elected. Today
I respectfully seek your support once again to continue the course I promised when you elected me.
What do you and I expect of our leaders? We expect them to do what is best for the community. We expect them to be fair, mindful of the facts, and just in their decisions. I expect no less of myself.
We expect our elected leaders to bring with them the courage necessary to make difficult decisions and the integrity to do what is right, though it may not always be popular. I have not shirked from that responsibility.
We expect our elected leaders to conduct themselves professionally and respectfully at all times.
We expect our elected leaders to be bridge builders and to encourage relationships that benefit all citizens.
Since taking office I have aspired to each of these expectations.
During my tenure, I have been proud to be part of a team that has accomplished much. To name a few…
- New, October 22, 2020, approved purchase of new Fire Pumper and new Fire Tanker,
- New, May 14, 2020, approved TNVR Ordinance and Policy (Trap, Neuter, Vaccinate, Release).
The culmination of a three-year effort with the Fayette Humane Society and the Office of the Solicitor General, this ordinance can be enforced and will allow those who wish to participate in TNVR to be exempt from the current controlling ordinance.
- Much improved relations with our Municipalities, State, and with ARC (Atlanta Regional Commission),
- Seven consecutive balanced budgets,
- AAA bond-rated since 2014 (one of only 5 counties in Georgia),
- $2,000,000 earmarked for a new Department of Health building,
- $1,000,000 for a new, larger Animal Shelter,
- First in the USA adoption of 911 Carbyne, "The first municipality in North America to advance
its emergency services with cutting-edge technology to precisely and quickly locate victims,"
- Beneficial Statewide change for Veterans property tax refunds,
- Construction of new Fire Station 3 in Tyrone,
- September 24, 2020, completed construction of new Fire Station 4,
- Construction of new Fire Stations 2 underway,
- 7 New ambulances,
- Significant operational improvements to the Fayette County Water System,
- Elimination of the Storm Water Utility fee,
- Stabilization of the retirement and health plans,
- Millions of dollars in six years of property tax, millage rate rollbacks to our residents, with another proposed rollback for FY 2021,
- During the COVID-19 pandemic our staff continued working. All staff retained employment.
Click here to see all accomplishments
During my term as Chairman of the Board of Commissioners, we saw improved relations with our sister cities evidenced by agreements with Code Enforcement, Permits and Inspections, and Lake Peachtree.
It is Imperative that Fayette County maintain its strong financial position, balanced against needs such as infrastructure revitalization and transportation improvements. We must become partners with our sister cities, keeping an eye on what is good for all our citizens, and we must work together towards those goals as the community of Fayette, not individual entities.
Henry Ford said, “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” Teamwork will accomplish much, and I am proud to be part of this Fayette County team. With your support, I will continue as a member of the Fayette County Board of Commissioners and work to keep Fayette County the gem that it is.
Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.
Please feel free to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join me in my re-election efforts.
Whether absentee ballot, early voting, or on November 3rd, please vote for me;
Charles W. Oddo, For Fayette County Commissioner, District 5, At-Large.
All voters are eligible to vote in the At-Large district. I will greatly appreciate yours.
Let’s All Keep Working Together For Fayette!
Let’s All Keep Winning Together For Fayette!
Charles W. Oddo
Fayette County Board of Commissioners
Candidate, District 5, At-Large